TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

When we watch tv for an extended time, such as a baseball

Customer Question
game, after an hour or...
When we watch tv for an extended time, such as a baseball game, after an hour or so we begin to experience pixilation with the picture. Eventually it becomes unwatchable and the sound begins to break up. Is this likely with the Vizio TV or could it be the cable box?
JA: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?
Customer: It is about a two or three year old Vizio. I would have to go to the TV itself to get the model. Should I do that?
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: We generally only use the cable box as a source input. We could try connecting the hdmi to a different port.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This has been happening for perhaps 6 months, but it is getting worse. It is not a popup, if I understand the question. It is distortion in the picture.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
9/10/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Apparently it is cable box internal issue and we can verify it by connecting a video source such as DVD player etc to TV.

If TV shows normal picture when play DVD disc but shows picture distortion when watch cable channels then it is definitely cable box problem. Please try easy thing first that might work..

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

It sounds as if you understand my problem. I have rebooted the cable box, and I have re-checked the connections. I agree with you, start with simple things. I will try to play a DVD. I may have to let it run for a while before I would expect to see the problem. How hard is it to reconnect with you if I need to?

Please bookmark this chat page link/ save the link to reopen it at later time to reply back with the result.

Next option is to login to JustAnswer.com, click on My Questions link on top right of your page to open this chat thread to continue.

Another option is to click on link in email sent by JustAnswer to open this chat thread to proceed.

Thanks

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician