TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I'm not really sure. The color is faded out and I can't good…

Customer Question
I'm not really sure...

I'm not really sure. The color is faded out and I can't good a good crisp picture. It's seems like it has a blue haze Almost

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

It's a D650i-B2 version V1.90.33.0836_133

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes and yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It's been getting worse gradually. Nothing specific happened.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I have 2 of those They are both similar but the other one isn't as faded out.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/10/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 8 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Hello Jack

Hi

What is connected to this tv ?
Cable box,satellite,dvd,internet apps etc. ?

Direct tv

Nothing else , not even internet like Netflix for example ?

It is connected to the internet but we only use the direct tv
I be,I eve the tv has all the apps I have t tried them

O.k and everything is affected by this , even the TV's own menu ?

Is this blue haze even on the screen or some parts are worse than others ?

It's even.

O.k then I`m afraid that there is but only two possible culprits here and one would be the t-con board or worse yet the lcd panel itself

Give me a minute on this please

I was afraid of that lol

The t-con itself is not very expensive at less than $40 if you are into this

Otherwise you could easily be looking at some $250 to have it replaced at home and right now it is not guaranteed to fix the problem but the only way to find out for sure would be to try it

If you could give me the TV's serial number prefix letters I could show you the board needed

It will look like LWJARPAQ , LWZARPAQ etc.

Also , I give this a good chance of success , usually a defective panel will go in spots ,not evenly

Yeah give me one sec

No problem

If that answers your questions for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

Any questions on this ?
If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.

If you cant find the rating system (stars at the top and SUBMIT ) then you can do it verbally here by saying like " I rate " excellent/good service

Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no additional charges) if you have other questions related to that

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician