TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

No media device" is on the screen, where is the model number…

Customer Question
Quot;no media device" is...

Quot;no media device" is on the screen

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Where is the model number located. a few months old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes, the tv menu works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I don't watch much tv, so i don't know when it happened. it worked on wednesday, and then ithat message was on the screen on friday

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I guess not

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/10/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 11 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Please re-boot the TV and any satellite or cable box you may be using by disconnecting both from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again,let me know if there is any change please

Anthony

I did what u said. Still says no media device
No need to call

Messages for phone calls sent by the site not me, OK do you use a satellite or cable box?if so how is it connected to the TV ?hdmi or rca leads?

Cable box. I think hdmi

The TV is not receiving a signal from the box hence the message so right now the box is suspect,you have rebooted it so that usually bears fruit, however what you need to do now is try another input preferably via HDMI and let me know if that works, a DVD player or similar would be OK

I only have a tv

You also may have swapped inputs accidentally so please find the INPUT or SOURCE BUTTON ON THE tv OWN remote control ,keep pressing it once every second to try and bring through the cable box

How is this working out please?