TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Cannt get dvd -cd player to work was working fine at cabin…

Customer Question
Cannt get dvd -cd...

Cannt get dvd -cd player to work was working fine at cabin but now wont work

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Ok

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Vxzol hdtv20a

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

To noght it worked fine at cabin then brought it into town and now does not work

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Cannt get it out of cable mod

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/10/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What CD/DVD player are you referring to here- do you have any brand or model info? Also do you have the original Vizio remote control nearby?

Please view my reply and send one back to proceed.

on remoteits a sseiki dvd-cd player
yes on remote for tv seiki dvd-cd player

Thank you. On the remote there's an "INPUT" button you use to change the model the TV is on. Does that work?

Does the TV respond (change input mode) when you use that button?

Are you still with me here?

it works says tv av rgb hdm1

Okay, so that is how you change the Input mode (you said it was stuck on TV mode). Is the DVD plugged into the TV- and can you select the correct mode (AV or RGB- however you have it plugged in)?

cannt get it off cable mode

You had just said you could pull up those Input modes, so are you saying you can't arrow up to AV and hit OK- it doesn't work or.....??

Hello?

theres no arrow

Hang on please.

I'm not available by phone. On the original Vizio remote there are arrows to the top, bottom, left and right of the "OK" button on the center of the remote. Can you find those?

just on the up down side 2 side

Please tell me where you are getting stuck.

says no signal

Then you're not selecting the Input that you've plugged into. The jacks on the TV are:

1) AV (red,white and yellow plugs)

2) RGB (red,blue,green,red and white plugs).

3) HDMI (HDMI plug).

Which one are you using?

iam going to figure this out

Okay. If you're plugged into the red,white and yellow jacks- then you select "AV" using the Input/Arrow/OK buttons. If you're using the red,blue,green,red and white jacks- then you select "RGB" using the Input/Arrow/OK jacks.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

i was charged for the phone call that I never got

I’m a user of the site like you, so I don’t have any insight into your account, billing, or what you’re seeing on your end. You can contact Customer Service directly at: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help if you’d like.

Regarding the DVD question you came here for- did you need further assistance with that?