TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Second opinion] I have a XBR65X850E connected via Comcast.

Customer Question
Every 10 minutes i get...
Second opinion] I have a XBR65X850E connected via Comcast. Every 10 minutes i get a banner pop up at the bottom of the screen: the first line says Press OK to show the Guide; the next line TV Listing and the name of the show and channel; the third line Setup under TV Listing. How do I get this to stop. We also have a Vizio and it does not happen with itJA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?Customer: A Sony XBR65X850E - I haven't tried anything as I don't know where to start.JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?Customer: Yes, it happens both on HD and nonHD channel. I only use it for cable TV.JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?Customer: It started after I upgraded to HD. It happens every 10 minutes.JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?Customer: I think not.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 day by:
9/11/2017
TV Technician: Electrotech2017, Technician replied 2 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your TV question. Unfortunately the information banner is caused by the Comcast box. Many customers are complaining about that. Only chance to try to turn it off is to look in Settings >>> Notifications and try turning this to OFF... I did this and those pesky pop-ups stopped for me but occasaionlly one still jumps up when I am advancing days into the guide.
If it keeps happening only other option is to contact Comcast and complain about it. They might have another way of shutting it down from their computer system. I also heard that they trying to work on a software update which resolved the issue. But I'm not sure about that.
Here is also a link how to turn off show reminders for channels.
https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-turn-off-comcast-show-reminders
Let me know if you have any more questions. I know it is not a 100% fix. But this is right now the only solution.
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician