Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

There is a magenta line in the middle, K321 maybe 4 years,

Customer Question

There is a magenta line in the middle
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: K321 maybe 4 years
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: This is a computer monitor
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing. I had this happen when I first got it and it went away on its own
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Shutdown and restart did not make it go away
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Are you referring to a sharp PN-K321 monitor? Or something else?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

And is this a vertical or horizontal line?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
PN-K321 and Vertical
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for confirming,

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power main board or tcon board, though there are many possible failure points including defects in the panel tab bond connectors (the screen itself) which are not repairable. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2013 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. This unit is already at/past its service life.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; though repairs for these are simply not feasible. There are no parts available for them and labor alone would be as much as the price of a new monitor. You would be better off replacing the entire monitor at this point.

My apologies for the news,