Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I'm trying to set my nsg mr1 tv to antenna. I got to built

Customer Question

I'm trying to set my nsg mr1 tv to antenna. I got to built in tuner settings and its not highlighted ... it says that its not configured. what to do?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: sony model nsx-40gti about 6 yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just became a wire cutter and I want my tv to operate from an antenna
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What you need to do is first set the SOURCE mode (using the source/input button on the remote) to TV (not hdmi, video, etc), and then when you are on the tv input mode, you can then go into the menu under the channels/tuner section, set the type to Air (not cable) and then run the channel scan (auto scan/program) function to see if there are any local channels it is able to pick up through your antenna.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,