Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Experience:  Audio & Video Technician
98889509

Can't get gaming mode to work on my samsung model

Customer Question

Can't get gaming mode to work on my samsung model un65hu9000fxza
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Close to 3 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu works but gaming mode is greyed out and i need it to set up my new ps4 pro
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing got a new ps4 pro and it is saying hdr is not supported but i know tv is able to do it but have to put on gaming mode and it wont let me
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats the most i can tell you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Electrotech2017 replied 1 month ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your TV issue.
Sometimes certain picture modes are turned on such as Color plus and HDR. Therefore I would recommend to perform a factory reset on the TV as follow
Turn off TV set. Then press the following buttons to get into the factory service mode. Press Mute 182 power
The TV will come on wait until you see the factory mode. Then push Enter/ ok button once. Wait for a second. Then press the Enter / ok button again. After that the TV is reset. Now you will have to setup the TV again such as Network settings, Inputs and Time. Let me know if that took care of the issue.
In addition make sure your PS4 is turned on and you selected the input and you can watch the picture in order to enable Game mode.
If you don't have a remote with the numeric button and only the original remote, you might not be able to get into the factory service mode. If that is the case make sure you have the latest software update and the PS4 turned on. Also check if any of the special picture settings are turned on ( HDR, Color plus etc. )
Keep me posted. Thanks
In addition try to reset picture settings. The reset is in the picture setting all the way down.
Hello, please let me know if I can be of any further help. If not and you are satisfied please provide me with a positive rating, so I can close out the question. Have a good night
Expert:  Electrotech2017 replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with your TV issue. I want nothing more than you to be 100% satisfied with my assistance. If you need additional information please use the reply box to let me know. If you are all set and happy with my assistance, please remember to use the starts above to rate my assistance so we can close this question out