TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Samsung Smart TV"s screen is blank and there is no audio.

Customer Question
Hello! My Samsung...

Hello! My Samsung Smart TV"s screen is blank and there is no audio.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

#UN32F5500AF and it is 4 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I can't tell if the tv muni works since the screen is black. This is the only tv that I am having this problem with.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Several days and my Mom was watching it and the screen just went blank. It had audio but now that isn't even working.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Does this cost?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/9/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 9 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

So if you press the menu button you don't see anything there either?

No
I don't want to pay. Will my $5 be refunded also?

I don't know which you are saying no to, my question or in response to a call or other offer.

This is a paid support service, it is not free help, you have paid the full fee for the chat already, which is 5+ the balance you agreed to on the payment page.

Separate from that, you may be seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You've now clicked on a phone request. I would be happy to do so, but wanted to be sure you understood it first. The call is a separate additional fee not included in the chat. Do you want me to call you, or continue here?

Are you there?

Yes, I've sent you several messages without a response back. Would you like me to call you?

please.

Unfortunately we can't do a call just yet,

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or call your bank to clear a security hold on your account (the 2nd charge is usually what triggers this, not a problem with the card number/info).

If you prefer to continue here in chat, that is fine too. Just let me know either way. To do the call, you'll have to contact your card and approve the call charge, and then I can accept the request when the payment goes through.

Thanks,

I checked and updated my payment info.

It is not a matter of the card number, but a matter of the charge going through to your bank/card. Try clicking the call request button again so I can try to accept it.

I don't see the call request button anymore.

Try to reload the page (refresh button or press F5 on your keyboard) then we can try it again

I am so sorry for the problems. I pressed F5 and the page did not refresh. I have an IMac.
Something has come up and I have to get off. Sorry, I will try again tomorrow. Thank you.

No problem, it isn't your fault, it is a site issue or bank/card issue.

Just bookmark/favorite this page and send me a note here when you're ready to try again

Thank you so much! I will do that Nathan.

You're very welcome!

I will have to call tomorrow. Thanks!
I contacted my bank and the charges were approved. I will call tomorrow.
It is still saying there is a payment error though.

I'm not seeing it on my end either, sorry. You should see the initial chat fees (deposit+balance) and then a 3rd of 26 for the phone call, that is what has to go through for us to talk further on the phone.

Nathan, are you available?
I’m here
Hello! I checked with my bank yesterday and they said the payment had cleared.
Are you there?
I am sitting in front of my computer so that I can see your response immediately.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

On my end the call portion (which is in addition to the 2 chat fees, not in place of it) has not shown as accepted, you'll have to click the call request again so I can accept it and then it should go through.

Please email or text me when you (Nathan) are available.

I saw your call request, and again attempted to accept it, but it did not go through. Your bank was likely only seeing the chat fees not the call, that is an additional amount and that has to be approved as well so at this point I am still unable to call until that happens.

I can give you an answer here if you prefer.

I do not understand??? I have done everything I can. I want the charges to my bank account deleted so I can start over. Until then I wil not pursue my issues. I do not want to be charged twice for an unresolved issue. Thank you

Again, I have no control over any site, billing, or account matters. You were charged only for the chat here, that chat fee applies whether we move on to a phone call or not, with the call being extra either way.

If you'd like a written answer here instead, I can do that now. It is up to you.

Can I call you directly?

After the call service is approved and paid through the site, you can call me or I can cal you.