Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I am trying to connect the tv to cable and the message says

Customer Question

I am trying to connect the tv to cable and the message says no signal. I press input and the only option is TV, but nothing happens. Yes, the cable box is plugged in and on.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: Insignia model NS. I got this from my Aunt to moved into a nursing home so I don't have the model or instruction book.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just hooking it up for the first time. I have unscrewed the cable connection and screwed it back in, and also turned off the tv and cable box and turned them back on. The message I get is "No signal"
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The channel displays 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 or 4 when I press the channel up button on the remote.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What is the model of the tv?
Can you tell me exactly where on the tv the cable box is connected (which port on the back)?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Only one port on the back marked cable.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Is it a round screw on port?