TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It doesn't have sound or picture either on Av1 or HDiMI, HP…

Customer Question
It doesn't have sound...

It doesn't have sound or picture either on Av1 or HDiMI

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?

HP S 4253 42" yes we have done troubleshooting for three days. Pic comes on for 2seconds then goes off with not saying HDIMI needs component video and RCA audio cables

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

TV menu works. Tried to connect Fire Stick but would not connect either.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Issue for 5 days. Problem popped up trying to hook up Fire Stick

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Called Directv and had an AVI cable put on so TV could be on AVI source

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/9/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 11 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Main-board has gone bad, firmware controlling board corrupted probably by the stick, set is really too old to accommodate newer technology like that, you can get it back to normal by replacing the board however I do suggest you do not insert anything like firesticks into this set, if you wish to replace the mainboard let me know I will provide all relevant info

I am sorry it is nothing easier

A positive rating of 3 to 5 stars is welcome for the information provided so far,note the question will remain open for 30 days,the site will then release payment to me

Thanks again

Anthony