Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My tv screen has become larger and all sides are chopped

Customer Question

My tv screen has become larger and all sides are chopped off. I can't read subtitles and the tops of peoples heads are cut off and the sides are in too much
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: several years old. It was given to me when the 3 f t screen was replaced by a six foot one by the owner
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It's been going of for about 8 - 10 months. I've tried the sony monitor for possible answere, but alas, I've found none
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: every thing else is working great
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
HI Shahid,
I have a bit of a problem getting to the model number because I live in a wheelchair and am only 5 ft tall. Tomorrow, when I come home from church I will try to get my friend to get the numbers for me and will give them to you then. I hope that works.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about that, please take your time.

Also, how do you receive channels on this TV, through cable box?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have very little money. I did not know this was going to cost me anything. I do NOT want a subscription service or on-going anything that will cost me. I'm an elderly widow and need all the help I can get. No, I do not want to call you or you me. Can not afford it!
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

Please contact customer service(###) ###-####to cancel this question or for any billing issue.

Thanks.