TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv screen has become larger and all sides are chopped…

Customer Question
My tv screen has...

My tv screen has become larger and all sides are chopped off. I can't read subtitles and the tops of peoples heads are cut off and the sides are in too much

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Several years old. It was given to me when the 3 f t screen was replaced by a six foot one by the owner

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It's been going of for about 8 - 10 months. I've tried the sony monitor for possible answere, but alas, I've found none

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Every thing else is working great

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/9/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 11 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

HI Shahid,
I have a bit of a problem getting to the model number because I live in a wheelchair and am only 5 ft tall. Tomorrow, when I come home from church I will try to get my friend to get the numbers for me and will give them to you then. I hope that works.

I'm sorry about that, please take your time.

Also, how do you receive channels on this TV, through cable box?

I have very little money. I did not know this was going to cost me anything. I do NOT want a subscription service or on-going anything that will cost me. I'm an elderly widow and need all the help I can get. No, I do not want to call you or you me. Can not afford it!

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

Please contact customer service(###) ###-####to cancel this question or for any billing issue.

Thanks.