Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a new Samsung 75" 4K TV. I also have Sennheiser

I have a new Samsung 75" 4K TV. I also have Sennheiser Wireless Headphones: Model HDR 175 and Model 195. Neither one works with the Samsung and its Soundbar. Two techs -- one from Dish and one from Comcast -- have said they are hooked up properly. Nonetheless, I am soundless (I am also deaf)
JA: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is about 2 weeks old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Since it was new (the 175 headphones are also new). I have done no troubleshooting as i am incompetent electronics-wise. Both TV techs worked on it and are baffled.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so. Thank you.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Model #UN75MU800DFXZA
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am almost totally deaf so talking on the phone is difficult for me. Let's try typing and if that does not work, I will get someone to talk to you. My apology for the inconvenience.

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

I'm working on your question and get back with you in 2 minute

This TV does have Digital Audio Out port to connect headphone base unit with an optical cable.

Please make sure optical cable isn't internally broken, and plugged securely and tight in TV and headphone base unit.

Select Optical input in headphone base unit.

Now it needs to make some change in TV setting menu to enable optical output port but this will mute the TV speakers...

Use the Quick Settings screen to change to the connected device: Use the Select button to select Audio Out/Optical on the Sound Output menu. Settings > up directional button > Sound Output.

OR go through following procedure...

Use the Settings screen to change to the connected device: Select Audio Out/Optical on the Sound Output menu. Settings > Sound > Sound Output.

If you watch only cable channels then it would be best to connect the headphone base unit to Audio Out jacks on cable box, this way you will keep getting sound from TV speakers.

Please reply back with the result

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will give this a try and get back to you. Thank you for your help.

Sure, take your time, I'm going offline now and will reply in late hours.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Shahid,I have looked at your answer and printed it. I am waiting for my son-in-law to come over and try it out. Getting behind the TV is not something I can any longer do.Thanks for following up. I will keep you posted.Tom

OK Tom, take your time and reply back with the result.

Thanks

Thanks