TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a RCA receiver RT2500/RT2500R and would like to

Customer Question
I have a RCA...

I have a RCA receiver RT2500/RT2500R and would like to connect a JVC turntable to the unit. The turntable has two RCA jacks, white and red. I have tried connecting to the VCR2 port on the front of the receiver and tried several ports on the back but without success. Is a workable connection achievable?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your JVC is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

JVC AL-A151 and it is probably about 30 years young!

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I do not have the receiver connected to the television. The CD player works with the receiver.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

My friend just gave me the receiver so the turntable has never been connected to it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Simply the connectivity for the turntable. Thank you

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/9/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

The receiver itself is the problem, it is a very basic system and was not designed to support a turntable, so it does not have a dedicated turntable (phono) port with sufficient amplification.

You can make this work with the addition of an external phono preamp between the jvc and the rca. Here is one I'd suggest: http://amzn.to/2wQATY9

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,