TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Panasonic TV,that suddenly went black. Tried

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic TV,that suddenly went black. Tried unplugging for 5 minutes with no luck. There was no power surge.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

TC-p42s30. We don't know exact age,but maybe 10 years

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just happened once this am. We tried unplugging for 5 minutes,with no luck. We don't know of any other troubleshooting to do...any suggestions.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/9/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 11 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Tell me exactly what happens when you plug it in and press the power button?

clicking?

power LED does what?

Red light flashing on front panel and blank screen
Can you guide us through this... we are not interested in additional cost of $35

There is no easy fix for your problem. Since unplugging didn't help- I'm very sorry to say, that red light flashing means this is going to be an internal failure that requires diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here. Previous electronics experience is required on your part. Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop. In home repairs start at $250 on this model and most shops charge just for diagnosis. So you really should compare that to prices of new 42" tv's.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.