TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Tv will not come on and power light blinks, give me a

Customer Question
Tv will not come...

Tv will not come on and power light blinks

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Give me a minute

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Model number LC-C4677UN

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

We have no picture at all just a blinking power light. wasalright when I turned it off at !0:00 last night but did not come on when my husband tried turnng it on @ 11:30

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't remember the age of the TV . That's all I know.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
THe TV is a Sharp Aquos
9/9/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 9 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, have you tried unplugging the Sharp TV for an extended period of time? ...and then plugging back in but into a different outlet?

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

unplugged it for a few minutes then plugged it back into the same strip.

A lot longer please. The idea is to simulate a soft RESET and dissipate residual power.

Thereafter, plug back into directly in another outlet without any power strip.

Thank you for your time but because of the age of the age of the TV @ 10 -12 years, we are going to pursue other routes.

I understand.