TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Looks like it died. No video. No sound. Just black. Any

Customer Question
Looks like it died...

Looks like it died. No video. No sound. Just black. Any options?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Where would I find the number. It is 3 years old. Big 65 inch 4K.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No menu.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Playing this afternoon. Charter Spectrum. Took a nap. Woke up to dark screen. Audio only.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Tv will turn on. Just dark screen. Nothing.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
9/9/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 8 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with it, I need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Tv wall mounted. Where is number. Connected to charter spectrum.
No call. Just internet chat.

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

Where is number found?

- Does screen glow/ show light at all when turn On TV power?

Model number written on back cover or side panel of TV.

Turn it on. Then soft blue light. Fades to black.

OK, lets try easy thing first that might work.

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result.

Okay stand by

OK, take your time

Rebooted. Still dark screen. Can't get menu or input either.

Sorry to hear that, can you tell me the brand/ make of your TV?
- Do you see a dim picture if shine a flashlight closely on the screen at an angle while TV power is On?

Very dim light. Vizio 70 inch 4K.
Still there?

Yes, typing info for you

OK, it is backlight system failure problem, sorry for this news.

Either power supply board or backlight LEDs inside screen are not working and causing the issue, some times main board of TV could also be defective. Since I do not have your TV model number so unable to pin point the bad part/ board.

It needs further troubleshooting inside TV to determine what board/ part is bad to get it replaced that will fix the problem, I'm sorry it is not any wrong setting/ reset issue but it is hardware related failure that needs defective board replacement in TV.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Thanks anyway. Bye...

Bye

TV Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Do you still need help with your issue?

Josh, Technician