TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 55" Hitachi purchased in 2015. Model

Customer Question
I have a 55"...

I have a 55" Hitachi purchased in 2015. Model numberLE55H508. I have paired the Blue Tooth feature with a device to stream audio to my husband.s hearing aids, but now it will not pair. The base of the device has a blue light indicating it is paired, but the TV does not recognize it and will not advance to the next step, which is entering the password. It has paired in the past.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hitachi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I bought it new 1/12/15 from Sams and the Model number is *****

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes the menu works. I have Dish and their remote is used with the TV, but the TV internal menu works I am assuming. I wonder if I tried to pair it through there? Noo other problems

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

For about a week. I have not seen it paired on the TV but the blue light was on and it streamed audio to the hearing aids. I had the hearing aids, streaming device, device base and connection wires all checked and they were ok. The audio worked for a few hours and then went off. I get nothing but hearing aid feedback. I cannot make the tv move to the next step of recognizing the device, but strangley that has not mattered in the past. Weird.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/9/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

The short answer is that this simply will not work on the tv.

It may be possible to pair his aids up wit the dish box, depending on the receiver model.

However the tv will not work for this purpose, and is not designed to. The BT function on these tvs are extremely limited, and intended as an input, not an output. Even if you do manage to pair them, the tv is just not intended for this purpose and that type of connection is not supported.

The way around this is to use the Digital Audio Out port on the back of the tv. This is a square type port with a little flap/door over it and a red light inside. You connect a fiber optical cable to it. Then to that optical cable you'll connect a separate bluetooth transmitter: http://amzn.to/1TOPJBU which can then pair with his aids.

Best regards,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.