TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I jst bout a Samsung LED TV Series 4000, connected it to

Customer Question
Hi I jst bout a...
Hi I jst bout a Samsung LED TV Series 4000, connected it to cable box & plugged it into wall. The remote it came with does not work, but the remote from the TV I removed works with it.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the LED television's exact make and model?
Customer: 4 series 4000 24" l170/185/K225 UN24H4000BF
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Just can't adjust Volume up or down
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Since I connected it last night....i purchased it 2 Days ago....brand new at Best Buy
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
9/9/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

If the volume is not working at all then this would indicate a premature issue within the TV- and I generally suggest returning the TV for an exchange since it's so new.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up and volume functions normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Please view my reply and try those steps to proceed.

Aric, Technician