TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a great picture but no sound. Volume is at max. I…

Customer Question
I have a great...

I have a great picture but no sound. Volume is at max. I checked to see if it was on HDMl/Auto and it was. What else can I do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

It is about 8 years old. Worked fine this morning.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Just checked--yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It worked this morning. About 3:15, I turned it on and couldn't get sound.To my knowledge this has not been a problem before. I did try the manual volume on the bottom of the flat screen, but all I did switch the source to video--got it back on TV

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

The PVR box went off briefly (blue light) and I turned it back on. I also checked to see if it was muted--was not. Have been looking at trouble shooting and FAQ--that's how I knew to check the Audio (I had pressed that earlier a couple of times).

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/9/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 11 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with it, I need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Sorry I haven't used this surface before and was expecting an email--
1. It is a Samsung TV model #UN32D40038D manufactured in 2011.
2. we have Shaw Cable which uses a PVR digital box. There is a DVD player connected. I don't know if the others work--I do know that the blue light is on the digital box and it means it is working. I do not know how to go to PVR, Haven't used the DVD in a long time --don't know how to use it. My husband usually deals with all of this.
I don't want to spend more money--think it is best that I call someone to come out or take my TV in for repair. I thought the $51 fee would cover the consult, not that I would need to then pay an extra 30-40 for phone calls. I am sure that it will eventually end with "your TV is too old, or you better have someone come to service it.
Are you there?
I thought you were connected with my Shaw Cable service--it looks like it is an entirely different company. Am I correct?