TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Evidently the control that receives the signal from the

Customer Question
Evidently the control that...

Evidently the control that receives the signal from the remote is not working. A new remote did not solve the problem. Is this a costly repair changing the receiver?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It's a Panasonic with built in VCR and DVD player. It's about 10 or 12 years old. I don't know the model, will have to look it up.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have bought 2 new remotes. Received one today. The reemotes I had worked sometimes and then quit. The new one worked for a few minutes then quit for good. I blew out the sensor on the TV but no help.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Well , this is my wifes TV with built item and she hates to give it up

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/8/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Could you tell me the model number of the tv, please?

It would be hard to get to, since it is in acabinet and it is very heavy. On the front it is called TRIPLE PLAY. I'll try to get the Model number but it may take awhile.

No problem, take your time.

I don't hear well so email would be bet

Sure, just reply back here when you're able to locate the model number, please.

Maybe I need to come back later after I get the model number.
I'll have to wait for help to pull it out to get the number. It'll be tomorrow before I get it.
Why have I been charged since I don't have any answer yet?

That is how the site works, you paid the fee when posting your question. I will be happy to continue assist you when you have the necessary details.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.