Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

No sound on my tv. code f16 pops up. gave you $5.00

Customer Question

no sound on my tv. code f16 pops up. gave you $5.00 authorization yesterday.
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: th-42px75u just checked code. it's either f16 or f76.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: about a week or so. I unplugged unit then plugged back in after 5 min.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

The F76 code indicates a fault in one of the internal outputs on the power supply which feeds various voltages to different circuit inside the unit.

The TV will require a service to fix this. Average cost for this repair is around $150-$200 for parts and labor.

If you're looking to repair this yourself, or need further assistance simply reply back and we can proceed.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------