Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

How to connect a SONY SMART TV XBR-65X860D, SONY DVD

Customer Question

How to connect a SONY SMART TV XBR-65X860D, SONY DVD BDP-S580, SONY AV Receiver STR-DH520 & Motorola DVR 1232 all with HDMI cables
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: How to connect a SONY SMART TV XBR-65X860D, SONY DVD BDP-S580, SONY AV Receiver STR-DH520 & Motorola DVR 1232 all with HDMI cables
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Don't know were ports to ;lug each cable in so that I can use my surround sound
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Once it is all hookup right I want to us a harmony 650 remote instead of 4 separate remotes
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
All the makes and mosdles are listed with my original question. I would like for your to walk me thru one HDMI at a time to plug one end to what port and the oterh to what ever oter port it shoud go itn
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My dinner is ready - Can I call you on the phone in about one half hour??
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
IF yes- please provide a phone number
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

I've sent an optional phone support offer at your request. If you prefer we can continue here in the chat format as well. Just let me know either way.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It started out as a $5 refundable charge and now I see an additional $31charge on my American Express which I intend to dispute
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

This is a paid support service, it is not free help, the initial deposit and balance of the total fee would have been shown on the payment page.

We are all licensed experts here, and we charge a fair price for service. 5$ is not the price, only the initial deposit, you agreed to the full amount on the payment page.

I'd be happy to help you here if you wish to continue, if you want to cancel you may do that from the help page.
For comparison purposes, to have someone come out and hook this up for you would cost you a minimum of $150, so to get this type of help for 5 wouldn't really be realistic.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No - youcompletely misreprsented yoursleves right form the start. All the time I thought I was hooked up woth an Actual SONY rep. I have already called American Express to dispute these 2 charges.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

We're all independent techs here, I'm just trying to help. Any other matters are functions of the site which I have no control over.

Sony would not provide this type of help, which is why paid services such as this exist.

If you'd like help, feel free to get back in touch. Otherwise as mentioned you may self manage any billing matters from the account page.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What does that mean that I can self manage billing matters form the account page. Can I go on that page and stop this charge. And by the way it does not coast $150 for someone to come to my house. I can get it done for $20 which I should have done in the first place
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Yes, I was saying you can go to the account page to cancel this service if you don't wish to continue.

Best of luck to you