Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

When I try to turn it on it takes 5 or 6 times before it

Customer Question

when I try to turn it on it takes 5 or 6 times before it powers on.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: rca 52" model #led52b45rq I think its 5 or 6 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: after it powers on everything works fine
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: a month or 2
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I didn't know this was a monthly membership thing I want to cancel now with no charge!
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

It is not a monthly membership and there is no membership required. That is an optional ad you are seeing which you may ignore.

You have paid the agreed upon one time fee for the chat already. Please give me a few moments to send you a detailed answer.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Do you wish to continue?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I thought it was only $5.00 not $33.00. I will not accept the $33.00 charge!
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

We are all licensed experts here, and we charge a fair price for service. 5$ is not the price, only the initial deposit, you agreed to the full amount on the payment page and have paid that already. To have a repair tech come out would cost you a minimum of $125 for the exact same answer I would give you here.

If you'd like to continue, let me know. Otherwise you may self manage any account matters from the help page.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I agreed to the $5 not $33! Please reimburse my card ASAP I don't want an answer now!
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

you may self manage any account matters from the help page.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am currently turning you in for fraud through my credit card company! I never agreed to the $33.00!
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

We're all independent techs here, I have no access to any account matters. You may cancel yourself from the help page, posting here has no affect on what you paid.