TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My old Panansonic DVD player only plays back and on a new…

Customer Question
My old Panansonic DVD...

My old Panansonic DVD player only plays back and white on a new Samsung tv. I I'm pretty sure I have the three connectors in the right sockets.

Technician's Assistant: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Samsung is brand new, Panasonic DVD player model DMR-E75V is about 10 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just got the TV, a 40 inch smart Samsung. One time, switching cables I got color but the sound had a loud buzz.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I read that the TV needs to take a composite connection rather than component but don't know how to set that up.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/8/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Just to make sure- you have the Yellow Video cable plugged into the "Y/Video" jack on the Samsung correct?

Also, using the Samsung "Source" button, are you selecting "Component" or "Video/AV"? Component will give you a black and white picture- whereas AV/Video will give you color.

If you're running into problems, then please reply back with the full model number off of the back of the Samsung TV and we can proceed.