Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a JVC JLE47BC3500 and the side hdmi port quit working

Customer Question

Hello!
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a JVC JLE47BC3500 and the side hdmi port quit working and the back one is broke. I do not have the original remote, and was wondering if there was a way to reset the tv without it and hopefully fix the hdmi so I can connect my Direct TV box.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your JVC is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is 4 or 5 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes, the side one quit working awhile back. The back one was working but the cords had to sit a certain way, now it just quit, period.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The side one hasn't worked for quite awhile and I think, not positive, it started when we had a power surge a few years ago. 4 of our TV's were blown when that happened as well as the garage door opener and a tread mill. This is the only tv that worked after that.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that is all
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

ello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi

You can use the menu on the tv itself but there are no reset for non working or broken hdmi ports

What happened to the one on the side , can you still select it , does it give you a "no signal" message etc. ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I get no signal message.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

O.k then try to reboot your direct tv and watch the screen

Pull the direct tv power cord 30 secs and plug it back

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Also pull out and back in securely the hdmi cord at both ends

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
still nothing.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

You did the reboot and still nothing ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
correct, still says No Signal.
I read online that if there was a power surge, it could mess up the HDMI port and it could be reset with the original remote, which I do not have. I was hoping there was another way.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Right now it may not be your tv that is at fault but the direct tv box or even that cable

You don`t happen to have something else like a dvd you could try there do you ?

Mess up the HDMI perhaps but other than that there are all sorts of stuff said online and its not one that this tech. would heed

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the xbox doesn't work either
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

O.k then that does it , your main board has a problem

Does your direct tv box have component Y-Pb-Pr (green/blue/red/) terminals at the back ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

If your direct tv has component out then you can still use that to get a HD picture on your tv

You will need a set of 5 cables/plugs that will connect at the back of your tv

Otherwise you will need a new main board Part # 3647-0752-0150 that sells for around $120, yours went defective and sorry but beside pulling out the power cord for a couple of minutes there are no adjust or settings for this " no signal " problem

Let me know and i`ll find it for you if you`re into this

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .