Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I say it only Fox because I watch that a lot... but my sound

Customer Question

I say it only Fox because I watch that a lot... but my sound keeps. cutting out for 10-15 minutes then resumes. Doesn't happen wTching sports. SO I'm thinking its only FOX NEWS. is this a left wing conspiracy?
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Oh god. I was afraid you'd ask. I'm in a jacuzzi PT'ing a ski knee. 32 inch Smart TV no older than three I'm guessing
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Explain last part. Menu works
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Want me to get in front if tv ?
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really. But I can get in front if needed
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.
Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.
4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.