Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have lost connection to the internet with my Samsung Smart

Customer Question

I have lost connection to the internet with my Samsung Smart TV. When I attempt to search for available networks, it doesn't even display a list of any available links. My wireless router is connecting fine to my 2 phones and my tablet....I just can't connect to my Smart TV
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: Model: Samsung RVU TV 2012 series 6
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the menu works. i have rebooted tv, modem, router...repeatedly with no success.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I could be connected to internet ... watching Netflix for example.. and just loose connection. i could reconnect and all was fine. Then eventually I was unable to reconnect to the internet at all. I have been battling this for weeks now, trying everything I could imagine. no luck.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i contacted my internet provider. They told me I probably needed an update for my tv. not sure how to obtain an update without being connected to the internet.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you give me the complete model number of the tv?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
model: Samsung RVU tv 2012 series 6
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nathan, are you still there?