TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

50 in vizio smart led tv... had an air connditioner plugged…

Customer Question
50 in vizio smart...

50 in vizio smart led tv... had an air connditioner plugged into same circuit ant a breaker blew. Now whe. The tv powers on the screen dimly flashes on and off. So dim that you can only see it with lights in house off. You can see th no signal or the menu when it flickers on. I have already put good power and main boards in... whats next?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

E500i-A0. Guessing 5 yrs old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes. You can see the menu but it flashes off so quickly its impossible to use

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing it was working fine until the breaker popped

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that i know of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/7/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 11 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

It could be back-lights or t-con board, do you see a period of just a dim feint light?

Just for a split second. I dont see a t-con board on this tv

It may be hidden under a shield usually at the top of the set,trace the LVDS lead from the mainboard usually a ribbon lead that is wide to it

Or it could be bad backlights these can flicker and go off and on

The ribbons go from the powerboard and disappear into he panelnothing else here

No the mainboard?the one with all the INPUTS on like hdmi there is one lead you cant miss it

Usually a thick lead or a wide ribbon lead goes right to t-con

Yeah i know what the mainboard is. You said it may be t con board... here is none on this set

You see the ribbon leads going behind the metal its behind there at the top so trace those two longribbon leads right to it sometimes they can be a pig to get out because they put it behind the metal

What the heck...
Where did they hide the thing?

read above

And do not order that board you have to order from the partnumber found on the original board

No you can replace it but you have to get the metal off,

Please keep an eye on my replies above we have probs with that

Maybe im an idiot here... but what metal do i need to take off? The metal that the boards are mounted too? Which would mean the panel needs to come off not?

I don't know without being there, that board is replaceable or it would not be available as a spare

Right. Did u get the pictures i sent?

take some more I will try and work it out but usually this is not poss, they just do it that way to be awkward or they make it easy its not poss to remember every way they do it which is whyi cant give you a commentary onwhat to do to get it out

I will just dig into it. Its no good as is. Thx

Well hopefully it is that as I say it could also be bad back-lights its difficult to say

Hopefully my input is worth a positive rating, rating bar of stars is top of the page thank you, ***** ***** will then release some funds to me thanks