TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Something is wrong with either my one connect cable or the…

Customer Question
Something is wrong with...

Something is wrong with either my one connect cable or the box. It is all connected but the screen keeps prompting me to plug it in.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

Samsung UHD model # UN65F90000A5 I have tried every version of plugging and unplugging.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The remote will not allow the menu to work. It is like there is a disconnect between the one connect and the TV itself, but it is physically connected.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It was unplugged and removed from the wall for the wall to be painted. This required only unplugging the one connect from the back of the TV. When it was plugged back in and rehung it would not come on. Only the picture on the TV showing that the one connect needed to be plugged in.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

There is apparently no replacement part for this if the part itself is damaged.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
9/7/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 8 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

.

Can you please recheck and make sure the connection cable between TV and one-connect box is plugged securely and tight in both units?

I have done that.

OK, please unplug TV power cord from power outlet for 5 minutes, replug back in and reply back with the result.

I do not want to call you. This is a gyp.

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

Did you try suggestion I requested in previous reply?

It did not work.

OK, there is only one way to verify the one-connect cable or one-connect box to hook it in another same model TV, if possible.

And alternate way is to get replacement cable and one-connect box for this TV.

Do you want me to find out required things for you?

I have been told that the cable and box are no longer available.

I guess I can find it for you

Can you get me the model number off of one-connect box?

How?
I have the model for the tv

One-connect box would have a model number written on label/ sticker, can you please check it?

Only thing on the one connect box is UHD65

No, model number would start like SEK-xxxx and might be written on bottom side of box

Nothing is written on the bottom of the box

OK, please click on following link to view one-connect link box image, is it similar to one you have?

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN65F9000AFXZA-One-Connect-Box/dp/B00MCK6VYK

Similar but mine is black-tried to send a pix

OK, box color could be changed but it is available at following supplier, one-connect box, connection cable and a remote, all for $80

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-BN94-07655D-One-Connect-UHD-Evolution-Kit-Jackpack-USED-FULLY-FUNCTIONAL-/222634972045?hash=item33d614138d:g:iZoAAOSwgo1Zrj3L

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you

How do I know it will work with my tv?
It also says it is unavailable.

Good question, do you see a label pasted on bottom of one-connect box that should have part number BN94-07655D

Please check the supplier link that I just sent you in previous reply, ignore the Amazon link

No-I told you there is nothing on the bottom of my one connect box.
You sent me an eBay link.

yes, it is still available on that ebay link

No it is not. I am done.

There are few other one-connect box that can work with your TV including the one I showed here

OK, good luck, I'm opting out.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician