Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Something is wrong with either my one connect cable or the

Customer Question

Something is wrong with either my one connect cable or the box. It is all connected but the screen keeps prompting me to plug it in.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: Samsung UHD model # UN65F90000A5 I have tried every version of plugging and unplugging.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The remote will not allow the menu to work. It is like there is a disconnect between the one connect and the TV itself, but it is physically connected.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was unplugged and removed from the wall for the wall to be painted. This required only unplugging the one connect from the back of the TV. When it was plugged back in and rehung it would not come on. Only the picture on the TV showing that the one connect needed to be plugged in.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: There is apparently no replacement part for this if the part itself is damaged.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Can you please recheck and make sure the connection cable between TV and one-connect box is plugged securely and tight in both units?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have done that.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK, please unplug TV power cord from power outlet for 5 minutes, replug back in and reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not want to call you. This is a gyp.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Did you try suggestion I requested in previous reply?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It did not work.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK, there is only one way to verify the one-connect cable or one-connect box to hook it in another same model TV, if possible.

And alternate way is to get replacement cable and one-connect box for this TV.

Do you want me to find out required things for you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have been told that the cable and box are no longer available.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

I guess I can find it for you

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Can you get me the model number off of one-connect box?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have the model for the tv
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

One-connect box would have a model number written on label/ sticker, can you please check it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Only thing on the one connect box is UHD65
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

No, model number would start like SEK-xxxx and might be written on bottom side of box

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nothing is written on the bottom of the box
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK, please click on following link to view one-connect link box image, is it similar to one you have?

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN65F9000AFXZA-One-Connect-Box/dp/B00MCK6VYK

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Similar but mine is black-tried to send a pix
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK, box color could be changed but it is available at following supplier, one-connect box, connection cable and a remote, all for $80

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-BN94-07655D-One-Connect-UHD-Evolution-Kit-Jackpack-USED-FULLY-FUNCTIONAL-/222634972045?hash=item33d614138d:g:iZoAAOSwgo1Zrj3L

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How do I know it will work with my tv?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It also says it is unavailable.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Good question, do you see a label pasted on bottom of one-connect box that should have part number BN94-07655D

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Please check the supplier link that I just sent you in previous reply, ignore the Amazon link

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No-I told you there is nothing on the bottom of my one connect box.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You sent me an eBay link.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

yes, it is still available on that ebay link

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No it is not. I am done.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

There are few other one-connect box that can work with your TV including the one I showed here

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK, good luck, I'm opting out.