TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sony tv. And have spectrum cable. Yesterday. I

Customer Question
I have a Sony...

I have a Sony tv. And have spectrum cable. Yesterday. I started getting the message. "Signal cannot be decided"

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

ModelxBR- 49x 7000D

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I can watch Netflix

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just started last night. I have no idea what happened. I came home started tv. And this is what I got

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
9/7/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 9 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What source is it that you're having problems with getting a signal from- is it a cable box, or a satellite box- something else?

No cable box. Direct into tv
Hello
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 9 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack , different tech. here

That is the exact message you are seeing " Signal cannot be decided " ??

Signal cannot be decoded

And you have the cable directly into the tv , no cable box or converter ?

This used to work or is it a new setup ?

Right. It has worked for almost a year

Sounds like you are trying to receive encoded signals

Did you check with your cable company to see if they may have changed the line up ?

Or even did a channel search /scan ?

I did a channel scan. I have not called the cable company.

So now all channels give you that message or just some ?

All. Except the premium preview channels

O.k then this is it , your cable company encoded all their channels and this is getting to be common now , they want to force you to get a cable box

Either that or antenna

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you

I am going to have to call the cable company and have them come here ?

Call them and have them send you a cable box or they may come around to install it

In any case right now it is either the cable box or your subscription that has changed , the tv is fine i`m sure

Can I get a cable box at the store?

At the store ??

This is your cable company that supplies that , not a store

Do you have an active subscription with a cable company ?

they will charge me for it. Monthly. And then charge to come out

Well yes they usually do charge monthly , I don`t know about the install but that is usually an extra charge as well although some company will give you a free install , you would have to check with them

Its either that or an antenna

An antenna will not give me cable channels. Right ?

There are many of the same channels but no its not the same

Do you mean that you don`t have a subscription to a cable company as we speak ??

Right. I bought the house. And they had cable. There has been no bill or anything for a year. I never connected

I guess the cable company forgot about you but now its over , even basic cable without a cable box requires a paid subscription

Any questions on this ?
If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.

If you cant find the rating system (stars at the top and SUBMIT ) then you can do it verbally here by saying like " I rate " excellent/good service

Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no additional charges) if you have other questions related to that