TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The timer light ticks on and flashes for like 30 sec before…

Customer Question
The timer light ticks...

The timer light ticks on and flashes for like 30 sec before stopping and does it over and over again as long as it is plugged in with out turning on then the power button is pushed

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

I just got the tv it was used.. Previous owner claimed to not have any issues but its a Mitsubishi Model WD-52628 I believe.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It wont turn on at all

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It did at first when we got it and then it was like it got hot and would shut off and that was when the light started flashing and then the power turned off more frequently until it just wouldn't turn on anymore just flash.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No I dont think so

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
9/7/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 9 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Is the timer light blinking fast or slow please?

Fast

I am not available by phone however a member of the phone team may ring (messages are sent by the site not me)

This issue means the set is not booting have you tried a reboot ?unplug from wallpower wait 5 mins replug back in again?I do not hold out much hope of that but it has to be done first,let me know

do you know what is wrong with my tv?

Have you read my reply above?I need to know that you have rebooted the set?look above

We have pushed the reset button multiple times and unplugged it also

This is a well known issue and I am afraid it is nothing easy on early models it was capacitors on a digital board on your set being a much later one its a matter of replacing the main-board because the DM module is integral on that board, if you want to pursue replacing this board let me know, I do not know at this point if one is available cost of board $100 plus

okay thank you!

I am sorry its nothing easier

Let me know if you need more help

A positive rating of 3 to 5 stars is welcome thank you,the site will then pay me some funds thank you,rating bar of stars is top of the page thanks again

Anthony

where exactly is the digital board located? thats what you think may need to be replaced right?

https://snag.gy/cMLkdT.jpg

Click the link above

Its the bottom board in this sandwich of boards

DM-PWB

but where would i find this in my tv? i cant figure out where it is at

You have to get the silver box out of the set its INSIDE the set

The back of the set needs to come off.............

yeah we have it all off. is it the box next to the bulb?

Its hard to get hold of too

If you find the coax socket that is attached to this board

Do you need any more help with this please?