TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Yesterday I was watching TV when one of my cats knocked the…

Customer Question
Yesterday I was watching TV...
Yesterday I was watching TV when one of my cats knocked the TV over. It turned upside down. I don't know if he broke it, but it stopped working. What do you thinkI should do?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/7/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Unfortunately whenever these screens are impacted, or any external pressure (a fall or being tipped over is a catalyst for this as well), is put on them it generally causes the screen to fail (the LCD panel has liquid in between two layers that produces the image). It does unfortunately indicate that the LCD panel is faulty and there aren't any fixes for this beyond replacing the entire screen of the TV (which costs 80% of what the TV cost when new, and requires dismantling and reassembly of the set to fix the issue). I'm sorry to have to tell you but the TV is not really repairable after there this occurs, aside from purchasing a used one of the exact same model on eBay and then disassembling it for it's screen.

The only other thing you can do to try and recoup some of the loss is to contact a site that purchases these sets with faulty/damaged screens and then sells the internal boards to TV repair shops. The site below is a used/pulled parts supplier and may be able to help on that end:

http://www.shopjimmy.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were an economical fix. Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?