TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just bought an Apple TV. I followed the directions and…

Customer Question
I just bought an...

I just bought an Apple TV. I followed the directions and connected it to my tv via HDMI cable. Nothing is showing up on my screen.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

Panasonic TC-P50GT25

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Tv menu works. No this is the only thing that has a problem

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just bought it today and am hooking it up now. Nothing happened right before this

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 11 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- What HDMI input of TV is connected to Apple TV? HDMI-1 or 2 or 3 etc

- Are you able to select that particular HDMI input on TV?

2 and yes I can select it.

OK, please reboot Apple TV and check if TV shows picture now.

If problem persist then we need to confirm HDMI-2 input of TV with another video source such as DVD player etc.

It's asking for an Apple TV password ***** my iPad. I don't have one

You should get that password/ activation code on TV screen.