Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have an older mode Mitsubishi projection TV ( Model

Customer Question

I have an older mode Mitsubishi projection TV ( Model WS-85607 )... It has three large tubes. We have moved several years ago and it has not been in use because of the size. we tried to turn it on and the picture will not come on. I called a local TV repairman and he said the set is o old it probably will cost too much to repair. Is that your consensus also ??
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Mitsubishi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it was built in 2005 and the model is WS-85607
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: nothing come on... the screen remais black when I push the remote or the power button
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it was working fine before we moved, but that was over 10 years ago
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that i know of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Just so I can accurately diagnose the set here- can you please on what happens when you press the power button- does the TV actually click and turn on- but with a black screen? Is the audio working? Is the green timer light blinking? Please provide as much detail as possible and I can give you an accurate answer.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Did you need assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
there is no click, no picture, and no sound, just stays black, but it is getting power. occasionally the green LED light would come on or flash. But now that isn't happening either. The correct Model number is *****
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for the reply. This would indicate a power supply PCB failure which can be caused by- but not limited to a faulty high voltage transformer, capacitors or voltage regulators. The average cost for this type of repair is in the $350-$400 parts and labor and given the age of the set- is generally not considered cost effective.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?