TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an older mode Mitsubishi projection TV ( Model

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older mode Mitsubishi projection TV ( Model WS-85607 )... It has three large tubes. We have moved several years ago and it has not been in use because of the size. we tried to turn it on and the picture will not come on. I called a local TV repairman and he said the set is o old it probably will cost too much to repair. Is that your consensus also ??

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Mitsubishi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It was built in 2005 and the model is WS-85607

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Nothing come on... the screen remais black when I push the remote or the power button

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It was working fine before we moved, but that was over 10 years ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that i know of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/7/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Just so I can accurately diagnose the set here- can you please on what happens when you press the power button- does the TV actually click and turn on- but with a black screen? Is the audio working? Is the green timer light blinking? Please provide as much detail as possible and I can give you an accurate answer.

Did you need assistance with this?

there is no click, no picture, and no sound, just stays black, but it is getting power. occasionally the green LED light would come on or flash. But now that isn't happening either. The correct Model number is *****

Thanks for the reply. This would indicate a power supply PCB failure which can be caused by- but not limited to a faulty high voltage transformer, capacitors or voltage regulators. The average cost for this type of repair is in the $350-$400 parts and labor and given the age of the set- is generally not considered cost effective.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Do you need further assistance with this?

TV Technician: Neil Rowe,
 replied 11 months ago
Neil Rowe
Phone call session started