TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a sharp aquos, hooked up since day 1 on my nose

Customer Question
I have a sharp...

I have a sharp aquos, hooked up since day 1 on my nose system. All of a sudden there is no sound watching tv. I can change my nose to listen to music and it's fine.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Maybe a year old give or take a little time.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No only sound from tv.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

3-4 days

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Turned the tv off as always to go to sleep and the next morning there was no sound

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 11 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with it, I need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

3- Please elaborate what "nose system" you're referring in question?

Is there another way of getting the model number? I am a female and the tv is on the wall
Dvr, sorry it's Bose system
Dvr & bose system are connected to the tv. Been this way since purchasing the tv & upon shutting it down about 3-4 nights ago, the next day was no sound

Thanks for the info.

So you get sound from Bose system when playback CD etc but no sound when watch cable channels, is this correct?

this is correct

OK, it seems cable box/ DVR would not be sending out sound signals to TV and rebooting the cable box should fix the problem.

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Any luck?

I've done so & with luck I have sound from the tv. The Bose isn't working now at all. Mystery! Not even through other sources.

This is odd, have you checked the connection cables on Bose system to make sure all are plugged securely and tight?

Over and over lol.

OK, does the Bose system power stay On and what other audio sources are connected to it?

only device is the dvr to the tv. The system also has the built in Am/fm receiver that isn't working (the sound)
If I leave the Bose off working strictly with the dvr & tv, the picture won't come one. But powering the Bose on the picture on the tv displays and the sound but the sound is through the tv.

I'm not sure how the connection setup is made there among these things.

Bose is sound system so it should be connected to Audio Out of TV for sound signals and has nothing to do with picture.

Cable box/DVR is video source to TV and should be connected directly into TV for picture and sound and Bose system has nothing to do with picture on TV.

Can you please check how the Bose system is hooked to TV or what type of cable/ wire is used for that?

Correct, the problem is nothing was disconnected for any of this to take place. No cords or anything for this result.
I only mentioned that the tv only showed a picture with the Bose system on. To let you know that the Bose is on and working. Now it's just no sound from it for either the tv and/or radio.

If TV gives sound from its internal speakers that means it Audio Out ports are disabled and needs to be enabled by going into audio or setting/ setup menu of TV (depends and varies on model to model) so the external sound system (Bose system here) could get sound signals.

Not sure why Bose isn't giving sound output when select Radio, may be it is set on FM band and no antenna plugged into.

I really need your TV model number at this point to proceed further.

I will see what the setting is on the tv. Maybe with all the attempts to get it working I may have changed a setting

Yes, that is quite possible, you would need to check TV Speaker option in TV menu to set it on Off/ or select external sound system to enable audio out port of TV so the Bose system can get audio signals from TV.

Before the sound was totally missing and that was issue of cable box that has been resolved. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?