TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Hooked up my sisters tv with At&T cable box. Worked fine.

Customer Question
Hooked up my sisters tv...
Hooked up my sisters tv with At&T cable box. Worked fine. The I Unplugged cords to pull cords through a media cabinet hole and plugged cords back into back of cable modem. Now screen has a red X. I have tried holding Ok Button and Down Arrows button together and then holding Power button but the only thing that appears is the HDMI2 --help!
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 2 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems.... Are you available to chat with me right now?

Is the Red X on the screen right now?

55358;�

Appears site sent you a phone call offer. I did not send the offer.
I am not available by phone, but we can continue our chat.....

Red X on screen now

First thing to try is:

-Leave the tv On.

-Locate the POWER cord for the ATT box and unplug it from the back of the box or the wall outlet.

-Wait 20 seconds and plug that power cord back in.

-Watch the tv screen as the ATT box boots up.

Reply and let me know what happens.

Red X appears again

Is there more than one tv box used in this home? You'll want to reset the MAIN tv box, then after it comes online, go ahead and reset the other tv boxes.

It's an apt--- so I assume I do the same drill u just told me in her bedroom unit?

If the bedroom unit is the MAIN tv box, then yes. Reset the MAIN tv box FIRST, let it come online. Then go back to the other boxes and reset them.

THe bedroom TV works fine and is just the TV--not sure which one is the main one--I think its the living room--the one that it isn't working.

I would suggest you try resetting the other box.

I think I did it? 3 dots appeared and no w there is a wheel. If I screwed up her bedroom TV now-she is going to kill me! Mike- can I switch to a phone call?

I'm sorry but I am not available by phone...

Oh GOD now the bedroom tv has a red X!!!!!!!

So before all this started, you had TWO working ATT tv boxes. Correct?

Can you get me the model number off of each of these ATT tv boxes?

but she switched TV's in living room.

AT&T set up two boxes--one in bedroom and one in living room. She got a different TV--we hooked it up last night--working fine until I unplugged the cords from back of the cable box in living room TV and RED X. Bedroom was not effected. Now in rebooting bedroom--it now has a RED X

I understand. Can you get me the model number off of each of these ATT tv boxes?

living room is vip2250
I rebooted bedroom again--it might be working! I have two wheels and a moving bar!!!!!!!

Excellent! All the best.

Please do submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am at least recognized for helping with your question. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.

Connection Success message! on bedroom tv Waiting for picture
Mike! Wait---the original problem has not been solved! The living room tv not working!

Strange stuff... Are you playing with any other connections other than the power cords?

Haven't heard back from you. Feel free to reply back.

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician