TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Toshiba LCD TV periodically loses sound, and there is no…

Customer Question
My Toshiba LCD TV...

My Toshiba LCD TV periodically loses sound, and there is no pattern to it.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

32XV555D

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

TV menu works. I can go for days with no problem, and then suddenly I turn on a programme and there's no sound.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Several months ago it started. Thanks to subtitles, I didn't do anything about it. BUT, that's not exactly accurate.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I disconnect the wire that goes into the cable box, and wait 10 seconds, and then replug it. And sometimes that works.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/7/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 11 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please