TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Had lightning last night.TV shut off and then screen was…

Customer Question
Hi! Had lightning last...

Hi! Had lightning last night.TV shut off and then screen was black after I turned it back on. LG 55eg9100 OLED

Technician's Assistant: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?

No never before. yes i did unplug and retry

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Cant see anything at all, no menus nothing.pure black. but i know the tv is on you can hear a click and the red led light goes off (which is normal)

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just last night. lightning outside

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/6/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 11 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

What is the approximate purchase date of the tv?

Are you having website difficulties preventing you from replying?