TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Got no sound, Not sure is it bxg1651771 hisense brand new…

Customer Question
Got no sound Technician's...

Got no sound

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Not sure is it bxg1651771 hisense brand new just came out of box

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No net flix works just not the cable box

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing just unpacked it had the delivery guy try to set it up too

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

My other tv worked fine

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/6/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.

Please follow the steps below:

1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).

2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).

3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.

4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?