Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I put the legs in the wrong side on samsung uhd 8 series 65

Customer Question

I put the legs in the wrong side on samsung uhd 8 series 65 inch and can't get them out. Help!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Would like to put them in correctly and not damage tv. Is there a safe way to remove them and put them in the right side
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Depending on how far you forced them in, they may be quite difficult to get out, but you should be able to remove them.

Lay the tv face down on a soft surface like a bed or a table with a thick blanket on top. Then grasp the "neck" part of the leg and try to wiggle it side to side and up and down a little (rather than in and out) to help free it, then continue wiggling it like that while pulling straight out. You can "pry" slightly against the bottom edge of the tv if needed as well. Let me know if that works for you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I tried that. I realize my hand strength is not that great. Wonder if I could use a pair of plyers or hammer with cloth to pull or knock it out. One came out fine. The other did not
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Yes you could try that, do wrap it with a cloth or towel, pinch between the pliers jaws, then I'd use a screwdriver or other lever to pry it out against the base/edge (do this on the back edge of the tv though, stay away from the screen) or some hammer taps if you are careful. I would try the lever first though, as the hammer may cause some vibrations that could damage things inside so do that as a last resort.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.