TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My smart tv won't coonenect to the wifi. It's A Sharp Aquos…

Customer Question
My smart tv won't...

My smart tv won't coonenect to the wifi.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?

It's A Sharp Aquos 55"

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes the menu works. All my others devices connect. i have done it before with the WPS button, but now it won't connect

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It hasn't connected for two days now. I don't know what caused it. I turned it on and I got an internet not ready message.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats all I know

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
Hello
Is anyone there
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/6/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 5 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

It is mounted to the wall. I can unmount it by myself. It is a Sharp Aqous 55" sn\mart tv. It usually connects when I use the WPS feature. WhenI check the status the tv recognizes the modem, but it won't connect

OK, lets try easy thing first that might work..

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and wifi router/ modem power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let wifi router/ modem reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

OK....give me 10 minutes

Sure, take your time

modem is reset and tv is plugged in again

OK, please run network setup to connect the TV to wifi and reply back with the result

OK, so TV recognize the wifi modem but doesn't connect it to get internet?

Please click on Initialize option on TV screen to redo the network setup.

If problem still persist then find Reset option in TV menu to restore TV to default settings and again run network setup.

I reset tv and tried to connect again, but it failed

Sorry to hear that, let me forward this question to our Networking Experts to assist you further as it looks like DNS or Gateway setting issue in TV.

I'm opting out to forward the question to Network category.

ok.....thanks for trying to help
TV Technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 5 months ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

I notice in the second screenshot you posted it shows the name of your wireless network (ATT8.....)

but it also lists your security type as None (which can't be correct if it takes a password ***** connect to the network)

From that screen click Change > Search
Find your AT&T network name in the list of available networks and select it
Enter your network password ***** see if it will connect that way.

ok...let me reset again
I don't see a search option

You want the TV to search for wireless networks and then select yours and connect to it.

Please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTrwA7SOJvA

Louie, Technician