TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Samsung TV won't turn on. When I plug it in, the screen…

Customer Question
My Samsung TV won't...

My Samsung TV won't turn on. When I plug it in, the screen does turn on and it shows the SmartTV logo, but then goes black. The red power light flashes 6 times and then stops. If you press any buttons on the remote (power, channel, or anything), the red power light flashes quickly.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

Samsung LED TV Series 6, Model number: UN46D6003 LED. It has not had problems turning on in the past.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu does not work.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It was working fine on Sunday night, Monday it wouldn't turn on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
9/6/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Offhand, these symptoms occur when there's a fault in the Samsung- specifically it's Mainboard (which is what processes external AV signals once the Smart TV screen comes up). In some cases this can require replacement of this part to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a reset. To do this:

1) Unplug the TV's power cord.

2) Remove any HDMI cables from the back of the TV.

3) Press and hold power on the remote for 10 seconds while aiming it at the TV (this drains residual current from the set), and release.

4) Wait a minute then reconnect any HDMI cables (making sure they're secure), then plug the TV back in and attempt to turn it on.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps please.

Were you able to try those steps please? Are you having the same problem?

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help.

Aric, Technician