TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Trying to set hotel mode. Trying to find model number on tv.

Customer Question
Trying to set hotel...

Trying to set hotel mode

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Trying to find model number on tv

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

32LD330H

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Yes, but no hotel mode or volume lock

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/6/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

So you want to put it into hotel mode? Or it is on hotel mode and you want to disable it? What is the intended purpose here?

Hi, Nathan. I work during the day. Your response came in too late last night, and I'm too busy at work to reply. I'm leaving work now so hopefully I'll have a response earlier today. I want to turn on Hotel Mode on the LG TV in the room next to me. That room's tv volume goes up to 100 while the tv in my room only goes to 48. I always have to call the front desk and complain about how loud the tv volume is in that room. I rented that room next to me for my cousin and found out that TV volume is twice as high as the tv in my room after maintenance claimes he adjusted it before my cousin checked in.

I'm currently in an Extended Stay America Hotel for sometime now and the staff including the maintenance guy and the corporate headquarters can't set the tv to hotel mode. I've googled and youtube'd but can't find a solution. I can't get pass the code or get to installation area as youtube videos are saying. The maintenance guy said he turned down the bass but anyone can bypass that, and it does nothing for how loud the volume can go up. My room has the exact tv as the room next to me, but my volume goes to 48, and it also turns off in an hour after idle while the other TV goes to 100 and can stay on for hours if left on. I'm extremely frustrated.

Did you ask the maintenance tech if they have the installer remote? That is what is needed to access any of the service menus.

What you would do is press and hold the Menu button on that remote, until the menu screen comes up, and then goes away (about 5 seconds), then key in the access code. Typically it is 1100, then you should be able to set the restricted volume and other modes there.

Ok, I didn't know what to ask, figured he would know what to do. I can ask the front desk now, but they never know anything. It's probably something the maintenance guy would keep with his tools, etc.

Most likely, yes. Make sure you tell him he needs the LG installer remote too (not their directv or lodgenet remote).

As a low tech solution, if all else fails, maybe just ask if they would swap the 2 tvs between your rooms, since you would listen at a prudent volume and not disturb the neighbors, then your old one that has the built in limit would be over there and couldn't bother you

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.