Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have white spots on my sscreen, 10 or 12 years model

I have white spots on my sscreen
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 10 or 12 years model wd-60737
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Tv menu yes it works . yes problem on all sources
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: three weeks first there were three white spots know there is about 15 spots
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

White spots on the screen are indicative of a failing DLP chip in the Mitsubishi (which is a common failure point on these sets once they get on in years). There are no pushbutton fixes for this, and to clear the spots requires replacement of the DLP chip to fix the issue (it's not a lamp issue). That said, if you're a DIY type and looking to repair this yourself- let me know. The chip is available online for around $175 and there are many videos posted that outline this repair.

Alternatively if this is not something you're comfortable with, a shop generally charges $350 parts and labor for this repair and can be located using the link below:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can you recommend some one to fix it for me . it is a 3D tv and have all the other parts hook up to it Thanks

Thanks for the reply and yes- there's a link posted just above in my answer so you can locate a shop based on your zip code. Were you able to see that?

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks you good job except a phone number that I got from you no one answers so I'm going to have to find someone else

I didn't send you any phone numbers. The link below is a NESDA certified TV repair shop locator- it lists ALL of the shops that are listed in your area (I have no affiliation with anything it lists):

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Also, you paid the website a deposit to work with me, but I am not actually paid unless you click a positive rating. Could you do that for me please?