Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Second opinion] I am a teacher and my hitachi cp-x260

Customer Question

Second opinion] Hello, I am a teacher and my hitachi cp-x260 multimedia lcd projector is projecting a blue color. The projector has been working since August 14th. The blue color started on Thursday, August 31st. Help!JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hitachi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?Customer: The projector was purchased when the school opened in 2005-2006 school year. I'll send you the model number in a second.JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?Customer: Since Thursday, August 31st. Pushing in the cables on the back of the projector. The projector is in the ceiling so I believe the serial number is *****: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?Customer: Hines Sorry taking attendance at the same time.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Welcome back. Different expert here. My name is Dan.

Were you able to talk to the computer tech at the school? If not, are you able to take a picture of what you're seeing when the projector is in use? If we're going to troubleshoot, I'd really like to see what we're talking about here.