TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It is a Samsung Plasma 50" and when it is cold, we have the…

Customer Question
It is a Samsung...

It is a Samsung Plasma 50" and when it is cold, we have the vertical lines and green screens and screeching noise and the tv turns itself off and on during the "warm up" process. In the beginning it was about a few minutes, but now takes about 50 minutes to go thru this cycle. Sometimes during the process, it goes just white and then it will no turn itself on and off. so you have to turn off the tv and on again manually. As long as there is no signal going into the tv asking it to "process something" the screen is fine. The minute you put in a HDMI cable from Dish or the DVD player or the apple TV it starts with the nonsense.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?

Kkkkojnm

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes we have the same problem on all inputs.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Ok I had to go out of your program and come back in bc my typing wasn't showing up. First question, it is a Samsung 50" Plasma Series 5, 550. This started about 4 months ago and as i said, in the beginning it took maybe 5 minutes to correct itself and now it is 50 minutes and the screeching sound is horrible. I have been online before and read comments that this is not an uncommon problem and that one can purchase the part (of you know what it is) and install it yourself bc it is not a difficult fix but about $500 if you call a repairman. For $500, I can buy a new tv almost. Just wanted to talk to an expert to see if you knew what part this is and where I should order it, or if you think it is unfixable. We have not really done any trouble shooting bc we had no idea what to do. All we did was take out all of the inputs and then the TV seemed to be fine and clear in the cold status but the minute we put an input cable, it starts again.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
9/1/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 9 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?