TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Died during lightning storm. 19" samsung with Quam tuner,

Died during lightning storm...

Died during lightning storm. 19" samsung with Quam tuner

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

UN19F4000 3 yrs possibly

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Nothing works screen blank power indicator light not working.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Electrical storm power sypply has rated output to connector.

8/26/2017
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your Tv issue.
Www.jet.com has it as well. Here is a link
https://jet.com/product/detail/cdcd7e0b33d14dc997523cbf508c4d19?jcmp=pla:ggl:NJ_dur_Gen_Electronics_a3:Electronics_Adaptors_Cables_Power_Battery_Chargers_Accessories_a3:na:PLA_785706713_43735012009_pla-307414939865:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&pid=kenshoo_int&c=785706713&is_retargeting=true&clickid=9f4b0931-9609-457b-b79d-647f09de70f2
If you handy with a Digital multi meter you could measure the 14V on the connector that plugs into the Tv. But I'm pretty positive that the 14v is missing. The good thing is that the power supply is not expensive.
I hope this information helped you. If you have any further question please do not hesitate to let me know. Otherwise please rate my service so I can get credit for my assistance. I would appreciate it. Have a good night.
Power supply measures 14.4 volt with digital VOM.
Ok, so the power surge then, went through the Hdmi input possibly from a cable box or Satellite receiver. The Main board in the Tv needs to be replaced. Let me try to research it.
The Main board has multiple part numbers one of them is BN94-07226T and cost about $40
Could you check on the back of the Tv and let me know the complete Serial number and version code ?
The main board for you Tv can have the part numbers BN94-06172B, BN94-06777B or BN94-07226T at Samsung they all cost around $65
On www.shopjimmy.com I found the main board for $39.95 but not in stock currently.
Samsung has it in stock for $67.14
Sorry, the Main board is unfortunately more expensive then the power supply. But that is what is wrong with your Tv.
Do you have any other question ?

If I answered your question about your TV, would please so kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can get credit for my assistance. Thanks

Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
OK: Past experience has indicated repairing older equipment Questionable so found idinical unit with QAM tuner & ordered it thanks for your service. Anybody want a dead TV cheap?
Thanks: Lester
Ok, you are right. Sometimes it is not cost efdective. I would still keep the other one for spare part. At least for another year. Have a nice weekend.
Excellent advice: Ordered new set idinical to old one.
Ok, great. Have a nice day
Main board has died. Ordered new tv just like old one. Have U been compensated for your service?
I did. Thanks for asking. Have a nice day. Happy to have helped you.
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician