TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

HDMI ports not working, It's a 50' Panasonic Plasma Viera,

HDMI ports not working ...

HDMI ports not working

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?

It's a 50' Panasonic Plasma Viera

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works, all three HDMI ports are down

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Short power outage, cable provider had a 4 day outage about 5 weeks ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Currently using Video 1 input to watch TV

8/25/2017
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Are you able to get the model number off the back of the tv?

Were these ports active and working before or is it the first time you are trying them?

I'll see

Reply back here when you are ready.

TC-P 50S2

Got it. Were these ports active and working before? or is it the first time you are trying them?

Working about 5 weeks ago

Appears site sent you a phone call offer. I did not send the offer.
I am not available by phone, but another expert may be.
In the mean time we can continue our chat.....

The site sent you a phone call offer. I did not send the offer.

What have you tried plugging into the tv's hdmi ports?

Are you reading my replies?

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Phone call session started
Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician