TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

What would cause a black spot appox 5inch in diameter to

appear on the screen JA: What's...
what would cause a black spot appox 5inch in diameter to appear on the screen
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: un60f7100afxza 6years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes and yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just showed up
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
8/24/2017
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Hello

Hi

If you open the TV's own menu , does it show up normal or is also affected by this ?

shows up normal

You mean that it covers that spot or you can still see it ?

shows up thru the menu

O.k then I know what this is , please give me a minute to type this down

Thanks for waiting
This is a LCD/LED tv and i`m afraid that there is only one possible cause for a problem like this and that is a defective LCD panel .
Anytime you have horizontal lines , shadows(dark area) or blobs /spots etc. on a lcd tv and it shows no matter what is on the screen including the menu then it is a sure sign of a defective panel.
As a rule of thumb the LCD panel cost around 80% of the original cost of the tv and then it has to be stripped down and rebuilt around the new panel and then again that is if you can find a new panel.
When under warranty most companies will replace the tv , not the panel.
Sorry to say but this makes the tv practically un-repairable due to the high cost and again that is even if you could find a replacement panel

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news today but i`d rather tell you straight and spare you a waste of time and money

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

Any questions on this ?
If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.

If you cant find the rating system (stars at the top and SUBMIT ) then you can do it verbally here by saying like " I rate " excellent/good service

Jack
Jack, Technician
JackThanks for the advise it was worth the time to be sureThanks again

Thank you

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician